Our Promise: Your Data, Your Control!
We take your data privacy seriously. Unlike other services, we do not retain copies of your data. Your information remains exclusively under your control, giving you peace of mind.
Embrace the Future of Data Security
Experience the future of data security with Garder.me, where your files and sensitive information are safeguarded for generations, offering you unparalleled peace of mind.
Fortifying Your Confidence
Before uploading any files, please take a moment to verify the site certificate. Simply click on the padlock icon located next to your browser's address bar. Garder.me utilizes Let's Encrypt authority to validate our certificate, assuring you of our site's authenticity.
Committed to Best Practices
Our commitment to your security extends beyond words. We rigorously adhere to industry best practices, as verified by esteemed security organizations such as the Mozilla Observatory and Norton Safe Web. These certifications underscore our commitment to reducing the risk associated with your sensitive information. Your safety is our top priority!
Put Us to the Test
We encourage you to put our security to the test by using various tools against a sample file protected by Garder.me. This hands-on experience will showcase our unwavering dedication to safeguarding your data and preventing data loss.
Join the Garder.me Community
Discover what others have to say about Garder.me on Trustpilot. Your trust and satisfaction are the cornerstones of our service, and we're proud to have received positive feedback from our valued users.
At Garder.me, we redefine data security by providing an enhanced level of protection that acts as an additional layer of defence. Our cutting-edge data security and protection service are designed to significantly reduce the risk of data breaches and cyberattacks, ensuring the utmost safety of your sensitive information.
When you entrust us with your valuable data, you gain more than just encryption; you gain a comprehensive shield that goes above and beyond industry standards. Our advanced cybersecurity and encryption algorithms not only encrypt your files but create an additional layer of security, making unauthorized access nearly impossible.
Rest assured that your sensitive information remains locked away from prying eyes, safeguarding your privacy and preventing data loss. Garder.me empowers you to reinforce your cybersecurity defences in various ways, from file encryption to robust data security measures and the creation of secure data backups and long-term archives.
In a digital landscape where threats constantly evolve, Garder.me remains at the forefront. Our unwavering commitment to innovation and improvement ensures that your data remains impervious to the ever-changing threat landscape.
Choose Garder.me for state-of-the-art technology that not only reduces the risk of data breaches but also provides an extra layer of security to protect your sensitive information. With Garder.me, your data isn't just secure; it's fortified!
Garding your files
Set a password
Upload the file(s) you would like to safeguard and protect. Wait while we process them.
Download your Garded file(s) and you're all set!
unGarding your files
Enter your password
Enter the password you created when Garding your file(s)
Upload Garded file(s)
Upload file(s) to be unGarded
Download unGarded file(s)
Download unGarded file(s) and you're all set!
Gard up to 100MB of data at a time
Register with Facebook, Google or Microsoft
monthly per person
Gard up to 500MB of data at a time
Register with Facebook, Google or Microsoft. Pay with
monthly per person
Contact us at
Using our Services
You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
Do not misuse our Services, for example, do not interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content that you access. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Do not remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
The majority of our Services are available on mobile devices. Do not use such Services in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
About Software in our Services
DataLich Ltd gives you a personal, worldwide, non-assignable and non-exclusive licence to use the software provided to you by DataLich Ltd in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
Open-source software plays an important part of our Product Development. Some software used in our Services may be offered under an open-source licence that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open-source licence that expressly override some of these terms.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We may add or remove functionalities or features and we may stop a service altogether. In case we are closing our Service, we will notify you in a timely manner.
You can stop using our services at any time, although we'd be sad if that were the case. DataLich Ltd may also stop providing Services to you or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise about our Services.
Other than as expressly set out in these terms or additional terms, neither DataLich Ltd nor its suppliers or distributors makes any specific promises about the Services. For example, we do not make any commitments about the content within the Services, the specific functions of the Services or their reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs. We provide the Services "as is".
Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
Liability of our Services
When permitted by law, DataLich Ltd will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages.
To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of DataLich Ltd for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount that you paid us to use the Services (or, if we choose, to supplying you with the Services again).
In all cases, DataLich Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
We recognise that in some countries, you might have legal rights as a consumer. If you are using the Services for a personal purpose, then nothing in these terms or any additional terms limits any consumers' legal rights which may not be waived by contract.
Business Uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify DataLich Ltd and its affiliates, officers, agents and employees from any claim, action or proceedings arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, judgements, litigation costs and legal fees.
About these Terms
We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes in the law or changes to our Service. You should look at the terms regularly. We'll post these terms on our website, and make them available whenever you use our Service.
Who we are
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Initial inquiries should be directed to our Data Protection Officer as follows:
- By post: 2/1, 2 Armadale Place, G31 3ET, Glasgow, UK
- By phone: +01447918889409
- By email: contact@firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (Information Commissioner's Office). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and your privacy. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website garder.me or any other website registered in our name ("Website"), including any personal data that you may provide through our Website, where we have a contract in place with you (please note that separate terms and conditions may also be applicable here), through your use of our services ("Services") and through your other communications with us.
It is important that you read this privacy notice when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal data.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
To whom does this privacy notice apply?
This privacy notice applies to:
- all individuals who use our Services as a private or as a corporate client;
- all individuals who visit our Website.
Any visitor to our Website.
Information about our website
You are an end user of our Service. Providing security to your data requires uploading it temporarily to our servers. After processing it and uploading the protected data back to your device, we delete both your original and your processed data from our servers. We do not hold any copy of your data or password(s) used to protect it in any form, therefore we are not liable for any act of possessing your data or password(s) by a third party. It is your personal responsibility not to disclose information available in your data, or to allow a third party to have access to it. This includes password(s) you use to protect your data.
Our Website does not include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Therefore, no third parties are able to collect or share data about you.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Our Website and Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children.
About the personal data that we collect and process
"Personal data", or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We do not collect or process special categories of personal data in the course of providing our Services.
This policy summarises the personal data we collect and process, how we use it ("our processing purposes") and why we use it ("the lawful bases of processing").
How is your personal data obtained?
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
- We may also collect, use and share "Aggregated Data" such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate data to calculate the percentage of individuals accessing a specific feature of our Website, or to analyse how individuals use our Services. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact, financial, transactional or similar personal data when you correspond with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise, including when you use our Services, complete a form on our Website or otherwise contact us via our Website.
Direct interactions with business contacts, individual clients and client-related individuals. You may give us your identity, contact, financial, transactional and other business related personal data when you correspond with us, including when:
- you or your organisation negotiate and/or enter into a contract with us; or
- you or your organisation provide services or products to us or your organisation receive services from us; or
- you provide us with your business card.
Failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, to provide our Services, or under the terms of a contract we have with you (or are trying to enter into with you) and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract or perform our Services. In this case, we may have to cancel a contract (but we will notify you if this is the case at the time) and/or be unable to provide our Services.
Currently we do not collect or share marketing information. For the purpose of Analytics, we collect basic, non-identifiable and non-personal information. If you are an individual consumer or end user, we will only provide you with direct marketing communications where you have consented to receive such communication or you have contacted us directly to request specific information about our Services. You can subscribe to such marketing communications, and you can adjust your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at contact@email@example.com.
If you represent another business, we may provide you with direct marketing communications where we feel that this may be relevant to your business (provided that you have not opted out of such communications). When we use your personal data for such purposes, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to pursue direct marketing, provided that it constitutes fair processing of your personal data to do so.
You can also opt-out or unsubscribe from all or some of these marketing communications at any time by contacting us at contact@firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing communications, this opt-out will not apply to personal data provided to us for any other purpose.
With whom do we share your personal data?
There may be circumstances in which we may also need to share your personal data with certain third parties (strictly on a confidential, business need-to-know basis). The third parties to which we may transfer your personal data include:
- Your business or organisation, for the purpose of providing our Services to your business or organisation, or receiving products or services from your business or organisation.
- Our corporate customers where you are an end user.
- Our investors and/or shareholders.
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, accountants, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Any relevant accreditation body or trade association.
- Any relevant regulatory authority or law enforcement agency, including HM Revenue & Customs, courts or tribunals who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Any sharing of your personal data will only take place either where we are legally obliged to do so, where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, including as follows:
- to maintain network and information security;
- to provide Services to our corporate clients;
- to develop and improve our Services in order to remain competitive;
- to establish, protect and defend our legal rights;
- to pursue our commercial objectives where this does not override your rights and freedoms as a data subject.
We generally do not transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA). However, whenever we are required to transfer your personal data out of the EEA (for example where a third party supplier is located outside of the EEA), we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that appropriate safeguards are implemented, including any of the following:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries;
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Standard contractual clauses for data transfers between EU and non-EU countries;
- Where we use providers based in the USA, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the European Union and the USA. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield;
- You have provided your explicit consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA;
- The transfer is necessary for the purposes of performing a contract between us and you (the data subject).
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not use automated decision-making (including profiling) to make any decisions which would produce a legal effect or similarly significantly affect a data subject.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Personal data relating to Website users, end users and business contacts will generally not be retained for longer than 12 months unless such data is relevant to ongoing Services. Personal data relating to individual clients and client-related individuals will generally not be retained for longer than 7 years after conclusion of the relevant services unless such data is relevant to any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Please contact us at contact@email@example.com for further details about our retention periods.
If, during data upload or protection/un-protection process, there is a glitch on the server due to any technical fault, your data will be deleted from the server as soon as possible and you will be asked to repeat the process again. Should you have any doubts, contact us immediately at contact@firstname.lastname@example.org
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the Information Commissioner's Office of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, following your request;
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party (data portability). We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you;
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at contact@email@example.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates the processing of personal data, about how we are processing your personal data.
Personal data will be processed by us where you consent to the processing or where that processing is necessary for
- the performance of a contract with you; or
- compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at contact@firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out below.
What personal data do we collect?
Technical data - (including Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, MAC address, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services)
Usage data - (including information about your visit and how you use our Website)
How do we use your personal data?
To process and deliver Services to you including:
- Providing information about our Services on request;
- Carrying out our Services;
- Dealing with any end user complaints and receiving feedback;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To notify you about changes to our terms and conditions or privacy notice;
Why do we use your personal data?
- Necessary for us to perform the Services;
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (to maintain network security and ensure our Services are delivered in the most effective manner for you);
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- To improve the user experience and administer the functionality of our Website;
- To respond to general and specific inquiries;
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (to maintain network security and Website relevance for visitors to our Website);
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at contact@email@example.com.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.